Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sorry PToday. I'm Staying on message.

Dan, the residents of Plainfield want problems solved and potholes fixed. They want their leaves taken away and their streets litter free. They want a stronger local economy and effective leadership. But I guess your last post is part of the sizzle that campaign season is made up of.

I fugured that some of my policy positions would be challenged but no its the old ad hominem attack. First why you would try to impinge on my character I have no idea but for the record I have not removed any signs from anyplace. Nor have I instructed my followers to remove any Storch signs. Frankly I doubt Mr. Storch or the people that live in our neighborhood would think I would be capable of such dirty tactics.

For starters you sent me an e-mail stating that Cory Storch indicated his signs were being removed from homeowners yards. Maybe you should have e-mailed those homeowners first.

Tony -- I've been told that Cory signs are being taken down -- including one on the lawn of his longtime treasurer. This is a perennial problem, but I can assure you Cory is not taking any of your signs down. I hope you will check this out with your supporters and put the kibosh on it if any of them are getting carried away. Above-board campaigns don't need this kind of tactic.

Best, Dan

I read your e-mail and immediately called you about this allegation. I left a message asking you to call me back. That was Friday. As of today, which is Wednesday I haven't heard from you. No phone call. No e-mail. I guess no interest in hearing what I have to say on the matter.

Do you know that I was one of the first residents to sign Mr. Storch's petition required for candidacy? I believe in the integrity of the process, so taking down signs... that wouldn't be I.

As far as the Harvest Radio show... I hope all the candidates get a chance to make their views known including Mr. Storch. I think the show would help Plainfield pick the better candidate. Anyway no feelings hurt here, so if you have any questions call me at 908-472-9421.

Now to all Plainfield residents, I encourage you to take few minutes to review the previous posts of each candidates blogs or the various issues that concern our community. Mr. Storch is the incumbent so his record and the impact his tenure has had on the conditions in our community should also be considered. Solutions are the key. Anyone can restate the obvious. At the end of the day its about results and effective leadership. That's what people remember.

Look forward to seeing you this evening. I hope to prove I am worthy of your confidence and ultimately your vote.


Find out more at http://www.tonyrucker.com/

No comments: