Friday, May 11, 2007

An introduction...

Hello Plainfield. My name is James A. Rucker but my friends call me "Tony". I am a Democrat and a candidate for the 2nd ward seat on the Plainfield City Council. My family and I live on Berkeley Avenue not too far from Cook School. My wife to-be was actually a student there once upon a time. Delya has been a real trooper on the campaign team and I wanted to publicly thank her for her hard work and her can-do spirit. I would also like to give special thanks to my Marine Corps buddy Kelly for getting my website up and running. Great job! Finally I want to thank all my neighbors and supporters throughout the 2nd ward for giving me the encouragement to run and the resources to win. I really appreciate it. Thanks.

Welcome to my blogsite! I hope that the discourse found here can help to move the city forward in some small way. I plan to be open and honest about my feelings on all topics and concerns that are offered concerning Plainfield and beyond. I am confident this platform will help those who visit understand what my vision is for the city and the 2nd ward in particular. Some have cautioned me about the idea of having a blog and being so specific on the issues. I want my positions to be known without ambiguity. I'm prepared to stand behind what I believe in. For the record, I will substantiate my positions when challenged and admit when and if I'm wrong but I will never be afraid of giving my own opinion. This platform will illustrate the positions I hold versus the record and current positions of my opponent. As a corporate professional and former United States Marine I've established a history of strong and decisive leadership. I hope to show how being a consensus builder versus a consensus seeker can move us to new heights.

We have enormous talent in every corner of this city. It's time to get all that talent off the bench. We need to leverage the experience of our retired professionals and the wisdom of our seniors. A multi-generational strategy can make all of us winners especially our young people. We need real economic development in our beloved city. With a projected job growth rate of 1.4%, the city is not creating enough new jobs for its high school graduates and young adults. We must do better and we can.

If you would like to find out more or offer your support visit my website at http://www.tonyrucker.com/ . You can reach me directly at 908-472-9421 or e-mail us at tony@tonyrucker.com . Thanks to all that have given their time and support.

No comments: