Tuesday, June 5, 2007

What a privilege!

To vote. To have the right to vote. To be a part of this thing called democracy. What a privilege. I'm honored to have met the many people along the way. I would like to thank my opponent Cory Storch for his kind words during the debate. I also would be remiss not to thank the countless volunteers especially Plainfield's young people for going door to door all across our community. I am so proud of how they represented the campaign and more importantly themselves. Last but not least you the people for sharing your ideas about Plainfield's future with me. It has been an honor. Thanks to all who pledged their support and offered their prayers. I hope to show how I appreciate your vote with hard work and always doing the right thing no matter how difficult it may be.

But there is still work to do and I am not done yet. So for all those I haven't met as of yet, I hope I still get that chance. Tell your friends, family and neighbors to vote. I would prefer that it be for me but make sure they make their voices heard and give their take on Plainfield's future. My staff will be available all day for all who need a ride to the polls.

A special thanks to John, Melvin, and last but not least my better half Delya without her I wouldn't have been able to do this. Thanks guys.

Talk to everyone around 9:30 tonight! Let's go VOTE Plainfield!

No comments: